Friday 25 November 2011

falling into place - L2


beta4

to the right is a view of the current companies highlighted via my beta4 analysis for today

so that you can see what companies are listed, here they are:


SMWH
JRS
VMED
TLPR
GKN
MJW
STAN
JW
AFF
ISP6
HOIL
GKN
IAP
KSK
HOIL
AFF
FSV
UBM
IUKP
FSV
HSL
HSL
ISG
RQIH
BEM
FUM

this is a listing by date and some companies are listed on consecutive days, this seems to be a good indicator of an uptrend starting but we are waiting for the last column in the report to change to 'u' from 'd' - the last one that did this as you can see is FUM, and also you can see that we reached 10% on FUM in the first 5 days

there are two issues that I have been trying to resolve - the first is to weed out the beta4 that are not attaining 11.5% (this is 30% of the companies that are highlighted on average), and the second, the ones that are highlighted, when and at what price should it be bought and then at what price should it be sold

these really amount to the same question, as is evident in the numbers on the report that the company share price _will_ go above the share price at the point of highlighting (at least this has been indicated 100% of the time at the moment for beta4), the question is by how much and when.

the one question then is - when do I buy and at what price, and when do I sell and at what price

it cannot be the simplistic 11.5% that we have been working with because this arbitrarily can increase losses and decrease gains - we have to be smarter than this

one cleverness comes in the form of Quotestream L2 (Level 2)

for 20/month I have mine from iii and am working through understanding what this can and cannot do - a really big thank you to Cat7 on the LSE Shares bb and the fantasy games for pointing me in this direction - Cat7 commented on this blog here and I am working through all of the other comments made as well

but from the little experience I have with L2 now it seems that this is an indicator of buys and sells, how many and at what price, and looking at the Market Depth screen one can gauge what to do when - if you go to the LSE fantasy games you will see how effective this strategy can be

searching youtube for Level 2 tutorials gives many results( here and here as examples) , but all start with one already having picked a stock to L2 and quoting SoulOfWigan on the LSE games


'My advice is to look at the new RNS and keep your eye on the new hot chat on the left of the LSE page. I hope this helps folks'

the RNS link for LSE/AIM is here - again quoted from the games forum

one really needs to see what Cat7 and SoulOfWigan (SoW) are capable of with 10k in one month - round 5 is 2m (yes 2 million) and is the highest, but on average the top each month is about 100k - and also the premise being that what is learned in the fantasy games can be directly related to real life

without Cat7's or SoW's experience, and until I get anything close, what can I do

I am watching the companies highlighted on my beta analysis (I have 6 betas at the moment, and am working on 32 alphas all in varying degrees of success, the majority of alphas fail spectacularly - would be great if I was shorting ) and linking the analysis with L2 and checking performance


I feel as if I am one step closer

No comments:

Post a Comment